Global IT Operations Manager
Simpson Spence Young Ltd is looking for a Global IT Operations Manager.
You will have experience of managing and enhancing IT systems for a business and you will take responsibility for the day to day operations of the company’s systems.
You will work closely with the Senior management team and colleagues in the in house/outsourced IT Team as well as senior stakeholders, and technology providers, so great communication and interpersonal skills are key. Your focus will be on system enhancement, data feeds, operational support, stability and security. You will be responsible for setting objectives, performance management, and project delivery within your team.
You will come from a technical background, and have a thorough understanding of how computer systems are built and maintained, and connected to other platforms. You will have been – you may still be – a developer or database specialist. You will help determine the direction and success of the business through its systems. You will gain deep knowledge of the data, workflows, processes and operations of the company.
- Oversee the administration and operation of the company’s systems including data accuracy and access
- Liaise with tech suppliers and staff to ensure that systems are performing, secure, accessible, monitored, and useable
- Plan and implement IT enhancements, change requests, updates, and releases
- Ensure that work is specified, designed, tested and delivered
- Define and adjust reports for senior management and all stakeholders
- Lead the IT Operations team, ensuring they are motivated, clearly tasked, and delivering strongly for the company.
Competencies & experience include
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to interpret and present data and results through reporting and dashboards
- Experience implementing new systems and apps
- Quick response to system issues and requests for bespoke information or change
- Work with suppliers, and manage their delivery into daily business
- Propose and provide solutions that meet immediate and longer-term needs
- Strong technical breadth across many platforms
- Strong communication skills - able to gather and share information using simple language
- Knowledge of development environments, databases, technical infrastructure
- Achievement in agile approaches and modern software practice
- Knowledge and experience of the ship broking world would be an advantage
- Drive and energy and an ability to think on your feet
- Strong leadership and management skills – understand how to get the best out of your team
Technical Skills Required
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the configuration, management and support of Microsoft Exchange (2010,2013,2016), Active Directory and Microsoft Server (2010,2013,2016)
- Microsoft Office365, Azure, Sharepoint
- Remote Desktop Services (RDS)
- Cisco Routing, Switching and Wireless
- WAN Circuit technologies (MPLS, Ethernet)
- Juniper/ASA Firewalls
- QoS, DNS, DHCP
- Network Security Technologies
- Knowledge or understanding of the following
- UCaaS and VoIP (specifically Avaya IPOffice, Speakerbus)
To apply for this role send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com.Apply Now