Senior LNG Freight Analyst
SSY is looking to hire a Senior LNG Freight Analyst to run the LNG research department from its London headquarters. Founded in 1880, SSY is the world’s largest independent shipbroker, employing over 400 shipping experts across its 23 global offices. This is a very exciting time to join our LNG desk, which is expanding rapidly in the face of a growing sector.
SSY has an established LNG ship broking division, which has been present since 2004. The current team consists of 10 full time members, with two additional business development brokers. The team covers every aspect of the LNG shipping value chain including; conventional chartering, Sale and Purchase, new buildings, financing, research analytics for both freight and the commodity, as well as small scale / LNG Bunkering.
With over 100 years of combined LNG shipping experience in the team, SSY provides international coverage of all time zones, with a permanent presence in London, Singapore, and Stamford. Business Development comes from Mumbai and Madrid.
Requirements that we would look for in a candidate are:
- Work with the current analytics team in Singapore that extensively cover LNG freight and commodity markets.
- Proven analytical skills; confident with complex numerical analysis, demonstrating commercial, economic and financial acumen.
- Strong analytical skills, good understanding of shipping economics and modelling experience in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Power BI.
- Ability to create modelling methodologies to evaluate new opportunities in new areas and to standardize existing ones.
- Prepare presentation packages for market updates and project opportunities, helping identify market changes on LNG freight cost and shipping business related opportunities.
- Able to synthesize complex data into concise and focused analysis, often against tight deadlines.
- Closely follow governmental policy shifts (esp. environmental) which will/may affect LNG shipping and proactively create material to engage and inform clients on the latest trends.
- Ability to work with multiple sources of data, to understand and incorporate uncertainty appropriately and provide advice with incomplete information.
- Assist with project development, build business cases by conducting comprehensive analysis of shipping projects by assessing economics, timeline, and potential risks.
- Develop and maintain models to conduct various analytic activities on LNG shipping supply & demand, charter rate, newbuilding prices.
- Understanding of the Forward Freight Agreement (FFA) market.
- Forward thinking in the context of the big picture, anticipating the needs of key customers and the organization.
- Takes responsibility for actions, remains focused on delivering goals and makes decisions on the best data available.
- Ethical and honest, high integrity and trustworthy.
- Motivated to develop business relationships with various external parties, globally.
This is a full-time role based in our London office.
Benefits of working for SSY
- Competitive salary
- Holidays - 25 days pro rata from January to December plus bank holidays.
- Staff Life Assurance - 4 times your pensionable salary.
- Pension - If you contribute a minimum of 3% of your pensionable salary, SSY will contribute 6.5% in addition.
- Subsidised Gym Membership.
This employment is subject to you having the right to work in the UK.
To apply for this exciting post, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org